Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hungary for Turkey

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!
I have a 4 page paper due in an hour and a half so naturally I'm sitting on the internet. What am I thinking? It's Thanksgiving and my first away from my family. Sure, I've been homesick off and on but on such a family oriented day I'm really appreciating all my loved ones.
Things I miss most about today:
-Cowboy cookies
-Pumpkin Pie
-Grammy's Lap
-Dad sleeping in the middle of the floor after we eat :)
-Brendan telling stories
-Unkie in the kitchen with Jerry
-Cathy & Mom laughing together
-Auntie Jan listening intently to everyone's stories
-dried fruit
-the comic books under the coffee table
-FAMILY.

I'm going to a AUR hosted dinner tonight, but I hear they might not even have turkey! I'm making my own pumpkin pie tomorrow and am going to Assisi for a day trip on saturday.
Essays galore.. procrastination is my downfall.














VS.


3 comments:

Sally said...

fyi- this is not the correct time, I wrote this in the afternoon. I'm a procrastinator but in know my limits..

Scott Warneke said...

Sally, did you get inspiration for the name of this post from my shirt?! Sorry, I randomly (via that silly invention known as Facebook) ended up at your blog, and this is the first thing I noticed. Well played though, my friend. I wear that shirt in the Euge a lot, and not enough people readily get the humor in that phrase...

Sally said...

Good observation! I did, I think of that shirt often here. When are you making it to Rome?